At Shop Direct, we make good things easily accessible to more people. We work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of our customers. And we strive to do the same in our local communities.
As a 4,700-strong team based across the UK, we throw our collective weight behind a single charitable project over a two-year period, as voted for by our colleagues. We support each project through a combination of fundraising and digital expertise, with the aim of making the greatest possible difference and leaving a lasting legacy.
Over the last four years, we’ve raised over £1.25m through our support of three charitable projects:
- £210,000 to support Alder Hey Children’s Hospital to fund the creation and development of a world-first digital app
- £440,000 to enable Claire House Children’s Hospice to get its new, digitally-equipped Liverpool hospice off the ground
- And later this year we’ll reach our target of £600,000 for The Booth and Whitechapel Centres to improve digital inclusion and employment opportunities for some of the North West’s most excluded and impoverished people.
We’re looking to raise £600,000 to support a specific charity project for our 2019-2021 charity partner and across that period . To align to our purpose to make good things easily accessible to more people, we’re looking to support a charity which invests in children’s future development.
- A charity which invests in children’s future development and has family at its heart (in line with our customer base)
- A charity with strong local impact/specific local projects across our key locations including the North West, the East Midlands and London
- A charity which has a mature and professional infrastructure
- A charity project with digital at its core to enable Shop Direct to donate time and expertise as well as fundraising support
- A charity project which links to the long-term goals of the charity, and to which our £600k donation would create a tangible difference
- A charity with no religious or political affiliations
Our application process is now closed.
If you have submitted an application, we’ll let you know if you’ve got to the next stage of the process no later than Thursday 19th September 2019.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or need any further information, please click here to email our events and CSR manager, Katie Ventre.